Inspiring Leadership: Creating a Purpose-Driven, Values-Based, Innovative and Yes, Fun Culture for a 21st-Century Workforce
Duration: Half day, full day or two day workshop
Target Audiences: Frontline supervisors, middle managers and senior leaders looking to re-energize their workplace culture to drive phenomenal results. A version is also available for all employee events that include front line employees.
Culture drive success. In fact, when I ask inspiring leaders from around the world what’s been more important to their success – business strategy or culture, 95% say it’s their culture.
But great cultures don’t happen by accident. You can’t fake a great culture, and you sure as heck can’t buy it. An inspiring culture requires a dedicated commitment by every leader in an organization. The Human Capital Institute suggests that 70% of a leaders’ time should be focussed on talent development and culture building – culture is just that important. So if you want an inspiring culture, there’s no getting around it – you need to invest in making that happen!
Why Invest in Inspiring Leadership Training?
Providing your leaders with the insights, inspiration and tools to focus intentionally on building an inspiring culture will help you:
- Build a culture that delivers better bottom line business results. (After all, if you’re in business, isn’t this what it’s ultimately about?)
- Foster a culture that will attract more who are a better fit for your organization.
- Improve your employee retention rates and reduce employee absenteeism rates.
- Build greater resiliency in the face of unexpected change.
- Build a culture where leaders and employees actively seek out change, challenge assumptions, and become restless with the status quo.
- Build a culture that thrives on ideas and turning ideas into action.
- Build a culture that puts people first and service first.
- Reduce silos and improve teamwork.
- Reduce stress and conflict in the workplace.
- Increase happiness levels of nearly everyone in your workplace (“nearly everyone” because, let’s be honest, no matter what you do, there’s just no pleasing some people).
And ultimately…create a “want to” kind of workplace instead of a “have to” kind of workplace. A workplace where people want to show up on a Monday morning and enthusiastically contribute their ideas and their passion towards building a better YOU. The kind of workplace where everyone who comes in contact with you – be it your customers, employees, partners, suppliers, or family members, walk away thinking: “That is a remarkable place. The kind of place I’d like to work.”*
*Okay, if you think I’m being a little over the top then we need to talk. After all, there are organizations out there that have achieved this lofty goal (or at least come close) – Zappos, Google, AFA JCDecaux, SAS, just to name a few. And no, it’s not going to happen overnight and yes, maybe you won’t ever get to those dizzying heights, but isn’t that the direction you should at least be aiming for?
What Participants Will Learn
With dozens of real-world, relevant examples, and through interactive exercises that get people engaged and, at times, up on their feet, participants will learn:
- Why culture is everything and everything is culture.
- 5 “killer” questions to keep asking about your culture.
- Leadership vs. manager-ship: What’s the difference and why does it matter?
- How your culture connects with your branding.
- Recruiting and hiring: Why finding the right people is critical, hiring for attitude, and hiring for a culture fit.
- The on-boarding process: How to teach your culture to new employees.
- The role of mentoring, training, and coaching in building a strong culture.
- Being on purpose: Why “why” matters now more than ever and why your vision statement might be giving everyone a case of the “blahs.”
- Shifting attitudes: Shifting employees from a job mindset to a calling mindset.
- Valuing your values: How to communicate your values, celebrate your values, and make sure your values actually mean something.
- Motivating the troops: Why money isn’t always honey, what most organizations get dead wrong about this topic, and 5 powerful Ps for more effective motivation.
- Creating a “service-first” culture where everyone understands that some of their most important customers are sitting right next to them!
- Communication is everything and everything is communication: Shifting from being merely efficient to being truly effective with your communication.
- Getting your meetings right. How daily team huddles can strengthen your culture and why getting your meetings “right” is critical!
- How to drive more creativity and innovation: Building a culture that challenges assumptions, questions everything, creates a safe space for ideas, and turns passion and ideas into action.
- The humor advantage: Why leaders need to demonstrate a healthy sense of humor and how humor both drives and reflects an inspiring culture.
- Five effective ways to jumpstart a culture shift.
Take Away Resources and Follow Up
To help keep the messages and ideas alive in your workplace, the workshop also includes a whole suite of electronic resources for participants, including:
- “Inspiring Questions for Inspiring Workplaces”
- “340 Ways to Put Humor to Work”
- “Inspiring Workplaces: Creating the Kind of Workplace Where Everyone Wants to Work
- “Why Culture is Everything and Everything is Culture”
- “6 P‘s of Powerful Workplace Motivation”
- Article: “Lessons from a Workplace Where Everyone Smiles”
- Article: “Zapped By Zappos”
Communication at Work:
- “Effective, Inspiring Communication in the Workplace”
- 52 Meeting Opener Ideas checklist
- 24 Awesome Meeting Ideas
- “How to Turn Complainers Into Explainers”
Humor at Work:
- “Putting Humor to Work”
- “How to Jumpstart More Fun at Work”
- “Laughing Your Way to the Top”
Putting Creativity to Work:
- “25 Ways to Keep Ideas Flowing in Your Workplace”
Additional options that we’d be happy to discuss with you include:
- Signed copies of Michael’s latest, raved about book, “The Humor Advantage: Why Some Businesses Are Laughing All the Way to the Bank.” Michael’s book is packed with relevant ideas on building a great culture, making it not only an invaluable resource, but also a memorable gift for Incredible bulk discount rates are available for Michael’s clients.
- The 30-Day “Inspiring Workplace Culture” video program. A 2-minute video featuring Michael’s voice and messages delivered to your every participants’ e-mail inbox each day for 30 days. A great way to reinforce the messages and stay inspired.
- Follow up video messages from Michael customized for your team to talk about your specific challenges. Monthly or quarterly video options are available.