Mindfulness is quickly becoming a go-to tool and strategy for successful leaders and organizations to enhance performance, resiliency, and creativity. In their interactive and engaging talks, leading experts from Potential Project, a global leadership training firm, and co-authors Jacqueline Carter and Rasmus Hougaard share insights from their new book The Mind of the Leader. Their book offers radical, yet practical, solutions to the leadership crisis and how to effectively engage employees by leading with mindfulness, selflessness, and compassion.
Todd Hirsch is a sought-after economist who, through the use of humour, delivers impactful talks on the economy, creativity, and the future of work. Drawing on his experience as the Chief Economist at ATB Financial, he teaches people how to “up their game” in terms of innovation, risk taking, entrepreneurialism, and more.
After years of research, Gregor Jeffrey finally learned the real key to successful communication — science. Through neuroscience-based research, he shares strategies on how to actually enhance your communication skills to immediately increase performance.
We are living in an unprecedented time. Ongoing trade negotiations between Canada and the U.S. continue to intensify and dreams of a mutually-beneficial trade agreement seem to be a thing of the past. Here are some leading political experts who can provide context to Canada-U.S. relations and its wide-ranging impact on industries, both nation-wide and globally.
- The Honourable Rona Ambrose, former leader of Canada’s Official Opposition in the House of Commons and current member of the NAFTA advisory council
- Andrew Coyne, a nationally syndicated political journalist
- Award-winning political journalist and author John Ibbitson
- Janice Gross Stein, founding director of the Munk School of Global Affairs at the University of Toronto
Learn more about each speaker and what they can bring to your next event.
Warning: Your “to read” list is about to get longer! Here’s what a few of our speakers are reading this summer. Learn more about each speaker and their summer read on our blog.
- Jamil Jivani: Forgiveness by Mark Sakamoto
- Bruce Kirkby: Land of Lost Borders by Kate Harris
- Nilofer Merchant: Economics for the Common Good by Jean Tirole
- Neil Pasricha: Autobiography of a Face by Lucy Grealy
- David Usher: How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan
Jay Rosenthal shares insight into the $22 billion cannabis industry heading to Canada once legalization passes this summer. Canada is set to be a global leader and Jay explores the impact this will have across the country.