A multi-award-winning psychology instructor at Trent University, Dr. Robyne Hanley-Dafoe joined us inside our boardroom to talk about resiliency and workplace wellness. Resiliency, she told us, is a trait that can be fostered in all of us. This is why she has dedicated her career to developing practical strategies, grounded in global research, to help foster it within ourselves and others.
She explored with us the five core components that resilient people across the world share:
- Sense of belonging: Being a part of a community, whether it’s family, friends, etc.
- Perspective or mindset: How we interact with the world around us.
- Acceptance: Owning our story.
- Optimism/Hope: Train ourselves to lean into positivity.
- Humour/Fun: Finding balance and moderation.
Watch the video below to learn why each component is important to developing and sustaining resiliency.
Described as transformational, engaging, and thought-provoking, Dr. Robyne Hanley-Dafoe’s work is inspired by her interest in health and wellness and includes topics such a resiliency, optimal challenge, resourcefulness, goal setting, and self identity.
Interested in learning more about Robyne and what she can bring to your next event? Email us at [email protected].