Looking for the perfect dessert for your Valentine’s Day celebration? Look no further than the “lazy tiramisù” by Celebrity Chef David Rocco, as featured in his first bestselling cookbook, David Rocco’s Dolce Vita. Quick and easy to prepare, this special treat is sure to delight! Buon Appetito!
- 1 lb (500 g) cantucci or cantuccini cookies*
- 1 cup (250 mL) Vin Santo liqueur**
- 1 lb (500 g) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar, or to taste
- 3 1⁄2 oz (100 g) bittersweet chocolate, chopped (optional)
- Smash the cookies. Crush them with the bottom of a pan or chop them with a knife. Put the broken cookies into a cake pan and pour half of the liqueur over them. The goal isn’t to drown the cookies. You want to give them flavor, but still have them retain their crunch.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mascarpone, adding sugar and the rest of the liqueur to taste. Add chopped up chocolate if using, or wait until the end and sprinkle it on top of individual servings. Mix well, so that everything is incorporated nicely, and spread the mixture over cookies, fully covering them. Sprinkle chopped chocolate and chopped cookie bits over the whole thing. You can serve this tiramisu immediately.
Variations: *regular biscotti; **port wine, Grand Marnier or liqueur of your choice.