September 20, 2018 by Speakers' Spotlight
Spotlight On: New Speakers, What’s Trending, Fall Reads & Jazzing Up your Holiday Events
Mandy Gilbert’s niche is matching talent to business and she’s made that into big business! Mandy grew her recruiting firm, Creative Niche, into one of the largest firms of its kind. Next, she moved from serving creative professionals in their field to growing talent in tech, co-founding RED Academy, one of Canada’s fastest growing and leading design and technology colleges.
Fotini Iconomopoulos is an expert communicator with a passion for helping organizations successfully navigate through high-stake scenarios to achieve their business goals and increase profitability. Nicknamed “the negotiator” since childhood, she helps people understand how to properly leverage the power of persuasion and negotiation to get what they want.
An award-winning journalist, Alex Hutchinson draws on his own experiences as an elite long-distance runner for Canada’s national team and as a scientist to explore the limits of human performance. His New York Times bestselling book Endure — with a forward written by Malcolm Gladwell — concludes that limits are set in our brain and not in stone, so what’s holding you back?
Disruption, inspiration, mental health — we’re always asked what the hottest trends, topics, and must-have speakers are and we’ve got the data to back it up! Based on online requests and client conversations, we’ve created a cheat sheet of what’s trending. See it here.
How to Create LinkedIn Content That Gets You Noticed
With a community of 69,000+ LinkedIn followers, serial entrepreneur and LinkedIn Youth Editor Manu “Swish” Goswami is an expert at crafting engaging content. Learn his secrets.
Singer-Songwriter Peter Katz: How to Stay Interested in Your Career
Stress, pressure, deadlines — event planning is a demanding business. Canadian singer-songwriter Peter Katz gets that. Learn how to “stay in it” throughout (and sometimes in spite of) the journey.
Clearing Out the Haze: Five Things to Know about the Legalization of Cannabis
This October, Canada will be the first G7 country to fully legalize adult-use recreational cannabis across the nation. Industry expert Jay Rosenthal shares insights into what this means.
Want your events to dazzle this holiday season? Call on the professionals — dynamic hosts and emcees guaranteed to keep the laughs, energy, and excitement going.
- Whether hosting together or solo, the power couple of Canadian comedy, Second City alums Matt Baram and Naomi Snieckus, will create an unforgettable, hilarious, and rewarding experience.
- James Cunningham has proven time and again that he’s among the most skilled emcees and comedians in the world.
- As the co-host of both CTV’s Your Morning and Canada’s number one entertainment show eTalk, Ben Mulroney knows how to captivate an audience!
Productivity, creative thinking, and US politics. Learn from the experts this Fall with these topical new reads hitting bookshelves this Fall. Learn more.
- Hyperfocus: How to Be More Productive in a World of Distraction by Chris Bailey
- Open to Think: Slow Down, Think Creatively and Make Better Decisions by Dan Pontefract
- Fear: Trump in the White House by Bob Woodward