February 13, 2018 by Speakers' Spotlight
Be It Resolved: The Debaters LIVE and Chris Bailey Were Huge Hits at Tête-à-Tête 2018
Speakers’ Spotlight was proud to sponsor The Debaters LIVE at the Tête-à-Tête 2018 luncheon in front of a record 1,200 attendees at Ottawa’s new EY Centre.
The subject of the laughs-over-logic debate was “ With so many ways to interact online, is meeting face to face a waste of time?!!!” App-happy comedian Erica Sigurdson argued “A virtual meet-up is as good as it gets.” Handshake-loving comic Dave Hemstad won the day overwhelmingly, proving “There ain’t nothing like the real thing, baby!” to resounding applause from the completely unbiased audience of association executives, meeting planners and tradeshow exhibitors. Funnyman Steve Patterson moderated the mayhem and kept the laugh metre at an all- time high.
Here is the audience review:
91% gave The Debaters a 4+ rating.
· What a great, innovative concept! Will certainly keep it in mind for client events in the future.
· This was the most enjoyable lunch keynote to date. I loved them!
· They were awesome!
· One of the best presenters of the conference history!
· They were phenomenal and so entertaining. Absolutely loved the format and lunch!
· Love Steve Patterson and the Debaters. This was a definite draw for me.
· The best luncheon presentation I’ve ever attended!
· Absolutely excellent! One of the highlights of the day. Superb.
Longtime Tête-à-Tête partner Ottawa Tourism sponsored the breakfast, starting the day with productivity expert Chris Bailey. He provided tons of actionable advice on how to accomplish the important work we set out to do, as opposed to becoming a slave to email and all the distractions faced by today’s knowledge worker.
It seems he struck a chord, with 85% of the attendees rated Chris Bailey presentation 4+.
· Awesome and relevant presentation!
· I really valued his “high on substance” delivery, rather than over-the-top “entertainment” that we sometimes get from such speakers.
· Totally awesome and tools for immediate use.
· Was pleasantly surprised by this speaker as I had not heard of him before.
· Loved that it was practical – applicable. although an inspirational talk is nice, this is actually useable info to improve our impact at work.
· I enjoyed Chris’s presentation
That’s a wrap for Tête-à-Tête 2018, a perfect balance of fresh business insight, face to face networking & lots of laughter. See you in 2019!