Duration: Half Day, One Day
Target Audiences: CEO’s, Presidents, Senior Executives, Sales and Marketing Professionals
When Fast Company Magazine wanted to enhance the speaking skills of their senior writers and editors for their conference presentation and guest appearances, they had a roster of experts from which to select their trainer. They chose Lorraine Behnan. When AIM Trimark planned a national educational tour with their top executives and advisors, they needed someone to provide personal coaching to these individuals, some of whom had never spoken in public. Lorraine was their choice. The speakers she coached received audience evaluations scores in the 80s and 90s for delivery in their presentations.
The program is offered in a half-day format for larger groups, and a more intimate full day program for a maximum of 12 participants. The longer session includes additional elements like effective storytelling and vocal dynamic, plus individual presentation opportunities.
Lorraine excels in building trusting and engaging relationships. Lorraine works with you to fully understand your needs and then customizes the coaching and programs accordingly. Lorraine believes follow up is equally as important as preparation and delivery so she continues to work with you to keep the ‘ball in the air’.
The Program Approach:
This interactive program is a combination of prepared remarks, demonstrations, and practical exercises. Each participant will be provided with the necessary materials and tools to prepare and deliver their own engaging and effective presentations.
Each participant will receive these products by Lorraine Behnan:
- An Audio CD of “How to Communicate to Any Audience”
- “Spotlight on Presentations Handbook”
- A customized manual of the training program.
- Understand the essential elements of a dynamic presentation
- Establish credibility and trust
- Develop your own brand and style
- Deliver messages with authenticity
- Know your audience and their behaviours
- Organize your content for maximum engagement and retention
- Incorporate anecdotes and stories to support ideas
- Mental preparation to manage anxiety and sharpen performance
- Improve vocal dynamics and physical expression
- Effective and strategic use of audio/visual support
- Conduct an engaging ‘Questions and Answers’ session
- Learn to be your own Stage Manager
- Implement proper practice habits to ensure a successful performance
What differentiates Lorraine Behnan from other trainers and coaches?
- As a professional public speaker Lorraine walks the talk. She has the inside experience of presenter challenges, triumphs, and audience expectations.
- Lorraine takes you beyond delivery dynamics and to the realm of Corporate Storytelling to make your ideas stick. Lorraine is acutely aware of the urgency to engage your clients and employees through effective communication.
- Proficient in creating compelling slide support, Lorraine has researched and successfully applied the captivating new shifts in the design and function of presentations. Slideware has evolved significantly to ensure audience engagement.